The Illustration Portfolio Evaluation Process
A committee of painting, drawing and illustration faculty members reviews the application materials. Acceptance into the illustration emphasis is based on the portfolio images, written statement and GPA.
The application is evaluated on the following criteria:
- Presentation - The portfolio should be well-crafted and well organized in content and presentation.
- Technical Skill - The portfolio should demonstrate strong proficiency in drawing, composition, design and color.
- Creativity - The portfolio should demonstrate creative choices in content and aesthetics.
- Conceptual Skills - The portfolio and written statements should reflect analytical thinking and conceptual exploration of the foundations of drawing and design.
- Written Statement - The statement should outline academic and artistic goals, addressing any potential strengths and weaknesses.
- Academic Performance - The grades must reflect a commitment to learning and growth.
- Completeness of Application - All required documentation must be submitted (images, written statement and transcripts).
For more information about the Illustration Portfolio please email CAMinfo@ucdenver.edu or illustration faculty:
Rebecca Heavner firstname.lastname@example.org
Travis Vermilye email@example.com
Bryan Leister firstname.lastname@example.org.