Registering for the proper classes is a fundamental part of your degree progress and success in the College of Arts & Media. Many of our programs are highly sequenced, so it is very important to stay on track. An academic advisor can always help make sure you are on the right path. Please use the resources below to help you in planning for and proceeding with registration.

Register for Classes Guide

Registration Holds

Occasionally you will find an "Alert" in your student portal that indicates you have a hold on your registration. Please pay close attention to these alerts, as they may prevent you from being able to register.

College Advising Hold

This hold normally means that you need to consult a CAM advisor before registration. Please contact the CAM advising office to schedule an appointment: 303-315-7400 or

New Student Orientation Hold

This hold normally means that you need to attend/complete New Student Orientation (NSO) through the Orientation Office. Please refer to the Orientation Office’s webpage for more information.

Selective Service Hold

Colorado state law requires that students who were assigned male at birth and are between the ages of 17 years, 9 months and 25 years old must certify that they've registered with the U.S. Selective Service System before they're allowed to enroll in classes at a state-supported institution (please refer to the Colorado Senate Bill 03-255). For more information, see the Selective Service System's Who Must Register webpage.

Immunization Hold

Colorado state law requires any student enrolled for one or more credit hours in higher education to comply with the state’s immunization policy. This policy also applies to active military students, graduate students, students taking online only classes and those studying abroad. Please consult the Health Center’s webpage to learn about these requirements.

Past Due Balance and Financial Holds

If you have a remaining balance on your account you may receive a past due balance or other financial hold. Please contact the Bursar’s Office for more information: 303-315-1800. You can also refer to the Bursar’s Office webpage for information on how to pay your bill.

Missing Credentials Hold

Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 303-315-2601 to determine which transcripts the office needs to update your student records. When can you register? Use the CU Denver Office of the Registrar’s register for classes webpage to learn more.

College of Arts & Media

CU Denver

Arts Building

1150 10th Street

Suite 177

Denver, CO 80204


CMS Login