About College of Arts & Media Academic Advising
Welcome to the College of Arts & Media Advising and Student Success Office.
The College of Arts & Media Advising Team is comprised of four passionate and dedicated individuals whose own pursuits in the arts led them to CAM. Each member of the team has experienced their own journey with the arts, and love to share that
excitement and passion with the students they serve.
FALL 2020 PASS PLUS/PASS/FAIL GRADING OPTION UPDATE
If you are considering switching one or more of your Fall 2020 courses to Pass Plus/Pass/Fail (P+/P/F), please be aware of how this option currently can or cannot be applied to your Fall 2020 courses. In order to request this option, complete the Schedule Adjustment Form and email form to CAMadvising@ucdenver.edu for approval by 5pm MST December 2, 2020.
As of 5pm, Friday, October 23, 2020, the College of Arts & Media (CAM) faculty approved changes to the CAM Major or Minor grading requirements. As of 1pm, Monday, October 26, 2020 the Core Curriculum Oversight Committee approved changes to the Core Intellectual Competencies grading requirement. Both changes are indicated in bold below:
- For Fall 2020 only, a grade of C- (1.7) or higher OR a grade of P+ can now be used to fulfill a CAM Major or Minor requirement. A grade below C- OR a P cannot be used to fulfill a CAM Major or Minor requirement.
- A grade of C- (1.7) or higher OR a grade of P+ can be used to fulfill your CU Denver Core Intellectual Competencies (ENGL 1020, ENGL 2030 and Core Math). A grade of P cannot be used to fulfill your CU Denver Core Intellectual Competencies.
- P+/P can be used to fulfill all other areas of the CU Denver Core (such as Social Sciences, International Perspectives, and Natural and Physical Sciences).
- Please confirm with associated school or college for requirements for non-CAM majors and minors.
- A grade of F will not fulfill any requirement and will impact your CU GPA.
- No more than 6 credit hours can be taken Pass Plus/Pass/Fail in a semester, and no more than 12 credit hours can be utilized toward the degree.
- Pass Plus (P+) = A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-
- Pass (P) = D+, D, D-
- Fail (F) = F
Please contact our advising team (CAMadvising@ucdenver.edu) or schedule an appointment for any additional questions regarding Pass Plus/Pass/Fail for the Fall 2020 semester.