Frequently Asked Questions for 2021 LYNX Camp
What formal will camps be this year?
- Due to state and university regulations we are not able to offer residential options this summer. We are still waiting to find out if we will be able to offer day camps on campus. We recommend that if you are interested in any of these camps, you still apply before our March 15th Priority Deadline. We will not ask for any payment until we have made a more definitive decision about the location of camp, be it on campus or virtual.
When is the deadline to submit my application?
- The priority deadline is March 15th. Students who apply by the March 15th priority deadline receive priority for admission and scholarships.
- The final application deadline is May 15th. It is likely that some of our programs will fill up before this date. Students are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline.
I will finish 8th grade this May/June. Can I attend LYNX Camp?
- Yes, all high school students are eligible to attend, including students who have completed 8th grade by the start of the camp.
I will graduate from high school this May/June. Can I attend LYNX Camp?
- Yes, students who have just graduated from high school are eligible to attend.
My family can't afford the camp, should I still apply?
- Yes, we encourage students to apply even if they can't afford the listed camp cost. Students must apply by our March 15th Priority Deadline in order to receive need-based scholarships. Many students receive scholarships that allow them to attend.
What happens after I submit my application?
- Once you submit your application, a confirmation email will be sent to the emails on the application, including the teacher listed for a recommendation. You will receive a final confirmation of acceptance or denial within two-weeks after you submit your application.
What happens after I've been admitted?
- Beginning in April, students and families will start getting email reminders to complete payments and camp registration forms. The camp registration form is separate than the application and includes important camp policies, procedures and risk waivers. Be sure to complete this additional form so as to be able to participate in camp.
- If you applied for a scholarship, you will be notified if you received a scholarship by April 1st.
What does the schedule look like?
- This year's camp schedule will look different than non-pandemic years and will change based on if we are in person or virtual. However, a general idea is that class starts around 9:00. Students will receive a balanced amount of instruction and work-time between the hours of 9:00-5:00 with an hour lunch from 12:00-1:00. We also plan to incorporate guest artists into the daily programming rather than in the evenings this year. You will receive a more detailed schedule in late Spring once camp format is finalized.
What is the Auraria Campus?
- Auraria Campus is a tri-institutional campus in downtown Denver that hosts three universities: The University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver), Community College of Denver, and Metropolitan State University of Denver. Our camp will take place at CU Denver on the Auraria Campus.
Why is it call "LYNX" Camp?
- The CU Denver Mascot is a Lynx and the camp is hosted by the CU Denver College of Arts & Media.
Where do I go on the first day of camp?
- Students will receive a detailed Welcome Packet a couple weeks before camp starts with detailed instructions on camp check-in procedures and locations.