Frequently Asked Questions for 2021 LYNX Camp
What formal will camps be this year?
- Some of our 2021 camps will be virtual (online only) while some will take place all on campus. Please see our homepage for the format details for each program. We aren't offering any residential camps this year. All on campus camps will by day camps that will run from 9:00-4:30 M-F.
What hours will the camp run each day
- Each camp typically runs from 9:00am-4:30pm each day. This is the format for both our on-campus and online camps. Students have about a hour in the middle of the day for lunch. Lunches during the on-campus camps will take place outside.
When is the deadline to submit my application?
- The priority deadline is March 15th. Students who apply by the March 15th priority deadline receive priority for admission and scholarships.
- The final application deadline is May 20th. It is likely that some of our programs will fill up before this date. Students are encouraged to apply by the priority deadline.
I will finish 8th grade this May/June. Can I attend LYNX Camp?
- Yes, all high school students are eligible to attend, including students who have completed 8th grade by the start of the camp.
I will graduate from high school this May/June. Can I attend LYNX Camp?
- Yes, students who have just graduated from high school are eligible to attend.
My family can't afford the camp, should I still apply?
- Yes, we encourage students to apply even if they can't afford the listed camp cost. Students must apply by our March 15th Priority Deadline in order to receive need-based scholarships. Many students receive scholarships that allow them to attend.
What happens after I submit my application?
- Once you submit your application, a confirmation email will be sent to the emails on the application, including the teacher listed for a recommendation. You will receive a final confirmation of acceptance or denial within two-weeks after you submit your application.
What happens after I've been admitted?
- Beginning in April, students and families will start getting email reminders to complete payments and camp required forms. The camp required forms are separate from the application and includes important camp policies, procedures and risk waivers. Be sure to complete these forms so as to be able to participate in camp.
- If you applied for a scholarship, you will be notified if you received a scholarship by April 15th.
What does the schedule look like?
- Regardless of whether the camp program format is virtual or on-campus, the camp day starts at 9:00am and ends at 4:30pm. Students will receive a balanced amount of instruction and work-time between the hours of 9:00-4:30 with an hour lunch from 12:00-1:00. Students will receive a more detailed schedule a few weeks before the camp starts.
What is the Auraria Campus?
- Auraria Campus is a tri-institutional campus in downtown Denver that hosts three universities: The University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver), Community College of Denver, and Metropolitan State University of Denver. Our camp will take place at CU Denver on the Auraria Campus.
Why is it call "LYNX" Camp?
- The CU Denver Mascot is a Lynx and the camp is hosted by the CU Denver College of Arts & Media.
Where do I go on the first day of camp?
- Students will receive a detailed Welcome Packet a couple weeks before camp starts with detailed instructions on camp check-in procedures and locations.