2021 Camp Covid Safety Information
As we transition back to some on-campus camps this summer, we are committed to providing a safe environment for all of our students and staff. We have created these Covid safely procedures to do everything that we can to keep the camps safe.
Ways we are keeping camp safe:
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks only while inside during the camp. Masks are not required while outside on campus. We will use outdoor spaces more often that usual to allow students some breaks from wearing masks.
- We will use social distancing at the camp. Students will be spaced 3 feet apart.
- All students will complete a health attestation when arriving at the camp in the morning stating that they are feeling well and haven't had contact with anyone who is Covid positive.
- All students will receive a quick forehead temperature check when arriving at the camp in the morning. Anyone with a temperature over 99 degrees will not be allowed to attend the camp that day.
- Lunches will take place outside - students are encouraged to bring their own lunch but there will be other lunch options for purchase at the Tivoli Student Union on campus.
- We will provide disinfectant wipes and encourage students to wipe down their spaces at the beginning and end of the day.
- Most, if not all, of our camp instructors and staff will be fully vaccinated by the time camp starts this summer.
- We are limiting the number of students in each camp program more than usual this year as an additional safety measure.
- All on-campus camp programs will be prepared to move online if needed for any reason. While we don't anticipate having to do this we want to be prepared in case the pandemic were to suddenly worsen or if their were many positive cases suddenly among the students/staff at any of our camps.
What we are asking from our student attendees:
- Complete pre-camp registration forms stating that the student will follow our camp Covid policies.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or have been in close proximity to anyone who is sick.
- Agree to wear masks indoors and social distance at the camp.
- Complete health attestation and temperature check at camp check-in each morning.
- Agree to tell a staff member immediately if you are feeling ill.
- Get vaccinated if possible! We strongly encourage all students to get Covid vaccinated prior to the camp. Vaccination is not required to attend the camp, however.
If a student or staff member tests Covid positive during camp:
- If we become aware of a student or staff member with a positive Covid test, they will be removed from the camp immediately and won't be able to return for 10 days. We will determine if the person who tested positive had any close contact with anyone else at the camp. If they did, that person will need to quarantine for 10 days. We will do our best to provide virtual camp options for any student who is removed from the camp because they are Covid positive or who is removed from the camp because of the need to quarantine for being near someone who has tested Covid positive.
- If there are any positive Covid cases by any camp student or staff, we will notify all camp families by email to let them know on the same day that we learned of the positive Covid case. We will not reveal the name of the student/staff who tested positive. All the students/staff who didn't have direct contact with the student/staff member who tested positive will be able to remain at the camp. If there are more than three positive cases in a two-day period among the student/staff, the entire camp program would move online for the remainder of the camp.